today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today … “We have to end the practice of drawing our congressional districts so that politicians can pick their voters, and not the other way around. We have to reduce the influence of money in our politics, so that a handful of families and hidden interests can’t bankroll our elections — and if our existing approach to campaign finance can’t pass muster in the courts, we need to work together to find a real solution.”– Absolutely! One of the key observations from The President’s State of the Union. Fixing the “fixed system” is something that has to be done.
- The full text of last night’s State of the Union address. – CNN
- One and a half billion – Powerball.com
- “Odds are $1.5 billion Powerball winner will end up bankrupt” – The Conversation
- So the folks across the river were right all along? | “After extensive research and analysis, and in consultation with equipment vendors and independent consultants, Perdue concluded that the use of an RTO (generative thermal oxidizer) while technically feasible, represents a significant safety risk that is not justified by the minimal environmental benefits and substantial added costs required to operate the plant.” – Perdue Agribusiness PA Webiste
- Vindication, though too late for the leaders! – WITF.
- Finally … Columbia news is listed in the LNP – Always Lancaster MUNICIPAL BRIEFS – LNP – Always Lancaster
- How we’re seen from the outside | “a dysfunctional disgrace” – The Conversation