today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today … “The time is always right to do what is right.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.. Tomorrow many organizations will close their offices to commemorate the birthday of Dr. King. His actual birth date is January 15, but government and schools love those three day weekends. Some government offices will be open tomorrow (Lebanon and Perry County, for instance). Click on the above Pennlive link to see a list of open and closed offices.
- Columbia Borough School District? Check the Website to find out.
- “Those who know” chip in about the background of the killing on Second Street in the comments following the Lancaster Online article.
- Finding information is tough: The above is from the County CrimeWatch page.
- Info at the Columbia Police Department CrimeWatch page? Use the SEARCH field.
- York County school district wants to bring Oprah for a visit – The York Dispatch
- York County restaurant inspections – The York Dispatch
- Funny thing – the Route 66 Website says this: “Route 66 Restaurant has been created with standards that meets the demands of the public customers.” Yet, the recent inspection cites so-o-o-o many violations … Food serving facilities inspections in Lancaster County … Lancaster Online
- A complete listing of all inspections at food serving facilities in Lancaster, York counties and the entire state, except those in Columbia – Columbia persists in having its own inspection system with its own forms and inspection items – rather than the one used statewide, is available at the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture Website.