today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today … “The public has a right to transparency in their government bodies, and we will do what we need to do to obtain compliance.” – Lancaster County District Attorney speaking to the public’s right to know and “possible Sunshine Law violations” at Manheim Township School District. – Lancaster Online
Second quote for today … “O, what a tangled web we weave when first we practise to deceive!” – Walter Scott
- If you’re signed up to receive the “Notify Me” information at the Borough Website you received the information above in an email. You might think the information would be posted at the Police Department’s facebook page – you’d be disappointed – at least as of 11:15 am.
Have a feeling there’s more to this “swept under the rug” issue at this school district? We do, too.
- Oh, man – the news just gets worse and worse when it comes to school board members at Manheim Township – Lancaster Online
- “The Worst Thing About Kids Sports Is The Parents” – Ordinary Times
- “They bite” in Marietta – Catch the snippet in today’s LNP – Always Lancaster’s POLICE LOG? You know the POLICE LOG that almost never has anything from Columbia’s Police Department. But in Marietta, two twentysomething year-old “ladies” were charged after they assaulted a man as one “punched the man in the face and grabbed him by the throat” while the other “bit him on the arm.”
- How about the dumass actions or inactions of the pretender governor in Michigan? – CNN news