today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today … “Oh, the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful.” – “Let it Snow” lyrics
Aren’t you thankful you’re OK today and that the electricity stayed the course? Aren’t you thankful for friends, family, a roof over your head and heat? Aren’t you thankful for fire fighters, law enforcement officers, emergency medical personnel, public works workers, dispatchers and folks who help keep you safe? Aren’t you thankful for neighbors and other who help dig you out?
- In case of blizzard, do nothing. – Opinion, The New York Times
- PennLive asked this in an article before the storm: “What are shoppers stocking up on before the winter storm?”
- Though the TV storm mongers claimed the Friday-into-Saturday snow storm was a record, “It’s the most snow that’s fallen here since the blizzard of 1996 dumped 30 inches. And it bested the most recent highest snowfall, in February 2010, by more than two inches,” says this LNP – Always Lancaster article.
“After record breaking snowfall across the area, we now can start the process of digging out.” – MaryEllen Pann, FOX43-TV weather personality.
- As in Lancaster County, this week’s York County restaurant inspections include several Asian restaurants – The York Dispatch
- No wonder the parking lot at Denny’s on Columbia Avenue is always nearly empty. And how badly run are food-serving places when their “follow-up inspections” are nearly as violation-laced as the initial one. This week’s list of restaurant inspections shows some really flagrant violations. … Food serving facilities inspections in Lancaster County … Lancaster Online
- A complete listing of all inspections at food serving facilities in Lancaster, York counties and the entire state, except those in Columbia – Columbia persists in having its own inspection system with its own forms and inspection items – rather than the one used statewide, is available at the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture Website.
- No delivery of a “hold-it-in-your-hands” newspaper or an electronic version at 6:45 am
Monday – Finance Committee (4th Monday of month at 6:00 pm)
Wednesday – Zoning Hearing Board (Last Wednesday of month at 7:00 pm)
Thursday – River Park Steering (4th Thursday of month at 6:30 pm)