today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today … “Does anyone know when they are removing snow on Chestnut Streets from 5th to 9th? It’s the bus route and one lane. Also Walnut from 9th to 5th Streets all one lane.” – facebook post on January 27
Other Quotes for today … “The whole town is a mess.They finally plowed the alleys for the first time.all the streets are one lane except Locust and 462.” and ” Guess north 14th gets forgotten again !!!” – “Yay!!!! Columbia Boro is removing snow wooooo hooooooo. Yeah right back on the sidewalks….. My sidewalk along with my neighbors on the one side who is roughly in his poss late 60s early 70s were out shoveling today when we seen the boro trucks on 9th st.. So we piled the rest of the snow on top of what was in the street leaving nothing on our sidewalks… I come home to my sidewalk completely covered again and nothing in the street.. These inconsiderate A**HOLES who work for the boro shoved it all back on and never cleaned it off…. So Mr Lutz and or Ron I know yous read this so I am letting you know if this is not cleared from my sidewalk by the time i get home from work tomorrow its either gonna be in ur driveway or on the boro’s door step this weekend… I don’t give two shakes of a rats ass of getting arrested either… Cause i’ll do it again… You know where i live you drive by my house every day….. Thank You and have a Nice Day… – facebook posts earlier today
Just one more Quote … “This might be confusing, because we haven’t had snow for a little while, so I will explain it again. When you walk your dog, and you let it shit on the snow, or next to a pile of snow on someone’s sidewalk, it doesn’t magically disappear, or obviate you from the responsibility of cleaning it up. Please curb your dog. Yes, even in winter.” – a facebook post from another Columbia page
- Get out your checkbook, again | “a tax rate % increase above the index might be required to balance the School District budget for the next fiscal year.” This is part of the message of this LEGAL NOTICE in today’s LNP – Always Lancaster.
- Dental Clinic opens – CHI St. Joseph Children’s Health Website
- Page one article at LNP – Always Lancaster: Manheim Township School District continues the trend of “golden parachutes” for those who wreck the ships. At the same time, those working on the ship get thrown overboard without life jackets. Ah the joy of living in “corporatocracies.”
- Remember the “Black Rose” incident – the one in December in which a woman was “cited” for sending black roses to her former employer. Guess what, the charge was withdrawn.
- Notice that the “after everyone knew” incident that the Columbia School Board approved the action in these meeting minutes several days later. They knew, but didn’t feel compelled to let anyone know.
- Snow madness – Pennlive
- Columbia Crossing Bathrooms are closed until further notice. – Borough Website
If you’ve not yet signed up to receive notices from Columbia Borough, click here to re routed to the Borough Website to add your email address.