today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today … “A STORM SYSTEM WILL MOVE INTO THE REGION MONDAY AND TUESDAY. LIGHT SNOW WILL LIKELY WORK INTO THE REGION MONDAY…THEN CHANGE TO A WINTRY MIX OR RAIN AS HEAVIER PRECIPITATION ARRIVES MONDAY NIGHT.” – Hazardous weather outlook, US Weather Service
- Meanwhile, the lack of transparency and the arrogance of the school board leader in Manheim Township (and elsewhere) continues. “What certain school board members don’t seem to understand is that transparency does not mean one-on-one conversations with a handful of constituents. Just as school board members shouldn’t be expected to answer hundreds of emails or phone calls from residents every day, residents should not be expected to spread information about the district through word of mouth. The transparency that the public expects involves effective mass communication, not communication through a phone call or individual emails. There is a huge difference. We have had the same issue in Hempfield.” – comment following this Lancaster Online article.
- When all the components are present – “one of those sad cases where speed, weather and traffic volume combined” – mass-casualties as this can happen. – Pennlive
- There’s a plan for this! – US Department of Transportation
People have lost their heads on this day – just look at St. Valentine
- Ew-w-w-w, it’s bad when the follow-up inspection is as bad as the initial one: this week’s food serving facilities inspections in Lancaster County … Lancaster Online
- Restaurant inspections in York County – The York Dispatch
- A complete listing of all inspections at food serving facilities in Lancaster, York counties and the entire state, except those in Columbia – Columbia persists in having its own inspection system with its own forms and inspection items – rather than the one used statewide, is available at the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture Website.
- SCCA: workshops in ceramics, painting and printmaking – Susquehanna Center for the Creative Arts news release