today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today … “ … keep your head down and your mouth shut.” – Quote from this article about the “dysfunctional” PA State Police academy. – Pennlive
Second Quote for today … “It’s a country of haves and have-nots, and you’re starting to see some of that truth because of the increasing trends of poverty.” – Columbia Borough School District’s interim superintendent commenting in an LNP – Always Lancaster article about the increase of students from low-income family units across the county.
Third Quote for today … “Damn… everyone is getting pulled over and cited for driving without a license…. be careful out there!” – Columbia Police Department facebook page. We applaud the good work on enforcement, Columbia PD!
- BUT … this is not listed at the facebook page nor the CRIME WATCH page: “My neighbor had his 16 foot prowler camper stolen from his back yard last nighr. If anyone knows anything about this please call the Columbia police. He is a very nice older man who doesn’t deserve this.” – What’s Happening in Columbia facebook page
One of the citations food serving facility inspections that turns up that doesn’t make sense: “The Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.”
- Recent food serving establishments inspections in Lancaster County – Lancaster Online
- Recent food serving establishments inspections in York County – The York Dispatch
- Click here to go to the state’s Website of inspections … and the listing of the violations at each location. The statewide directory lists inspections for all municipalities in York County and Lancaster County. NOTE: The state Website is “down for maintenance” at the this time.
- … except those in Columbia – Columbia persists in having its own inspection system with its own forms and inspection items – rather than the one used statewide.
- “The number of U.S. Postal Service mail sorters and processors will fall by more than one-third by 2024. The are the 17 disappearing American middle class jobs. – 24/7 Wall St.
- “Stars and bars” fight – PennLive
- “The rise of American authoritarianism” or What’s driving the seemingly unstoppable popularity. – Vox
- The headline shouldn’t read: “Columbia dealer pleads guilty after selling fatal batch” – “Drug dealer pleads guilty after selling fatal batch” ought to be enough. Regional referencing in this article only said two men cashed a counterfeit checks at an East Earl Township bank.
- Want to know more about “teardrop tattoos?” This article, “15 prison tattoos and their meanings | Use this information to keep yourselves and your coworkers safe” references that one and others. – CorrectionsOne.com
- Seems the entire Perspective section in today’s LNP – Always Lancaster is about Donald Trump. Curiously, the former Lancaster County Republican chairwoman and lots of GOP “establishments” are sounding a lot like the leadership of the Altoona-Johnstown Diocese: this is an anomaly; this is not who we are. Trump is not what the Republican Party is all about. Really, denial is not a great policy and maybe, just maybe, it’s time for each of these “out-of-step” entities to reassess and redefine what they stand for.
- “I didn’t leave the Republican Party, the party left me.” – from an opinion column in the Idaho Statesman.