today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today… “Republicans and Democrats alike neglected ‘the people who truly make our country work — the truck drivers, farmers, welders, hospitality workers.’” – extract from this New York Times article, “How the G.O.P. elite lost its voters to Donald Trump.”
- Fantasy-land! | One of the wild-haired claims from the hastily-called meeting in 2014:”The borough and the school district will recognize very significant tax revenues and the borough will benefit with the 300 ‘well paid’ and ‘college-educated’ workforce that will occupy the call center.” – Columbia news, views & reviews
- Real-world | “The call center, which opened Friday, employs 130 people.” – Lancaster Online
- What was resolved with Pennsylvania’s budget conclusion? “Sadly, it seems, not much at all,” says this LNP – Always Lancaster editorial.
- While in fantasyland, let’s revisit the Columbia Economic Development Corporation’s (CEDC) DOWNTOWN MASTER PLAN Recommended Strategies and Actions to see what’s been accomplished.
- Any news at the CEDC Website? Nope, no changes there. Surely, we thought the Council’s largess might bring some updates or positive news.
- The Borough’s Website has been changed and it now features “drop down” menus making it more user-friendly. Keeping a Website up-to-date and accurate is a daily, even hourly, process. Noticed that the Borough’s drop-down for The Market House shows different hours than the Historic Columbia Market House Website shows, for instance.
- LOOK OUT! The asphalt coating bad boys are out again – FOX43-TV