Everything starts with a vision … and get accomplished with champions. Because Carlisle’s champions had the vision, tenacity, unselfishmess and focus to steer the initiative, Carlisle emerged as “Strongest Town.”
Here is the “Strong Towns” approach:
- Relies on small, incremental investments (little bets) instead of large, transformative projects,
- Emphasizes resiliency of result over efficiency of execution,
- Is designed to adapt to feedback,
- Is inspired by bottom/up action (chaotic but smart) and not top/down systems (orderly but dumb),
- Seeks to conduct as much of life as possible at a personal scale, and
- Is obsessive about accounting for its revenues, expenses, assets and long term liabilities (do the math).