Today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today … “Transparency is not about restoring trust in institutions. Transparency is the politics of managing mistrust.” – Ivan Krastev
It’s 7:23 pm and just returned from a walk about River Park. Got the H-m-m-m feeling about a few things.
- Noticed Salsa’s is closed this evening; wonder why? Did the restaurant’s hours change? The Website says MON-THUR 11AM-10PM | FRI-SAT 11AM-10:30PM | SUN 11AM-9PM. Guess it’s dinner at home.
How does anyone know how the council will vote on granting concessionaire rights before the vote takes place? The above is a post at the Columbia Crossings facebook page … posted on April 1. Maybe it’s an April Fool’s Day gag?
- Really? “… bike to Marietta, Columbia or beyond on The Lancaster County Northwest River Trail which crosses right through our property! Yep, that’s what it says at the Chiques Rock Outfitters Website. And the Website also states: “OUR COLUMBIA RIVER PARK LOCATION GPS: N 40.03021 W 76.50755 41 WALNUT ST COLUMBIA PA 17512”
- While we’re “h-m-m-m-ing” on items, have you noticed the quick-time upward spurt of gas prices? Yet, it’s a bargain: “Despite increasing for 36 of the past 41 days, the national average is at its lowest price point for this same date since 2009.” – AAA fuel gauge report .
- It’s a retirement send0ff much like the average guy gets except … he’s retiring earlier and his is a log bigger. – Lancaster Online
- Transparency is vital in democracy – in Manheim Township and Columbia too!!!
- “Nonprofit that controls $13 million for Harrisburg lets public into meeting for first time.” – Pennlive
- Take a look at Pennsylvania’s “lowest paying jobs” and no big retirement or benefits package. – Pennlive
- Now take a look at the folks who help bring “dysfunctionality” to Pennsylvania’s politicos by paying them and buying them stuff. – Pennlive