Today’s quote … “But that the unequal should be given to equals, and the unlike to those who are like, is contrary to nature, and nothing which is contrary to nature is good” – Aristotle
- The Greek philosopher would be doing handsprings in current society. Inequality is the name of the game. See that the guy with the Latino name who steals $99,000 from a bank gets “15 months in federal prison” while the “66-year-old Millersville woman” – a white woman who steals $123,000 in charity funds gets only probation. – Lancaster Online
- Can you just hear the revised lyrics “For the times they ain’t a-changin”?
- Waiting to see what sentence is awarded the York County deputy sheriff accused of stealing $700 from the evidence room? A commendation? – The York Dispatch
- And … how’s this for unequal justice? WWMZ-TV reports: “A Berks County man is behind bars for allegedly stealing his neighbors’ newspapers.” Heck of thing since most newspapers are almost free for the asking.
- Hey, let’s have a proclamation: It’s National Economic Development Week!
- “NBC News claims that as many as six Penn State assistant football coaches witnessed inappropriate contact between former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky and unidentified children.” – Pennlive
- A post at a local facebook site: “A few of us have been kicking around the idea of a free community First Aid-CPR class. Checking interest level. Anyone? This would be held in town in the evening hours during the week.” Curious, the Susquehanna Valley EMS Website Calendar shows a one hour “CPR Skills Session” with no narrative about location, charges, certification, etc. on May 25.
- The American Red Cross offers First Aid / CPR / AED training for $90.