So, the weather’s not exactly cooperating – threat of tornadoes‘- it is the beginning of the fun season. So many no-cost, low-cost entertainment opportunities await!
- Beginning this evening, the Long’s Park Amphitheater Summer Music Series begins at 7:00 pm.
- Or head west to the Springhettsbury Township FREE “Sounds of Summer” concerts series that starts tonight at 7:00 pm as well. And there are Wednesday night concerts here, too. Here’s the full schedule of performances.
- This is from a letter-to-the-editor in today’s LNP – Always Lancaster: “I can tell everyone out there that the main reason it has gotten so bad is because of drug companies pushing doctors to prescribe pain medicines — and I mean potent ones. The doctors actually call patients and recommend these medicines.”
- This is from another letter writer: “And for District Attorney Craig Stedman, let’s focus on the whole picture of heroin use and how it starts. “
- Remember, neither of these letter writers are campaigning for office. Neither are political bobbleheads.
- This country’s going downhill; we hear it from everyone, it seems. Politicians, those who fear change, etc. But 20 years ago, someone killed this woman and her body was found along side the road in Hellam. – The York Daily Record / York Sunday News
- Oh, that’ll never happen here! We have railroad tracks with oil trains and a scenic river: “Oregon town evacuated after oil train derails along scenic river.” – PBS
- “Mayflies stink.” – Columbia Borough Fire Department Lt. Sean Montgomery in this York Dispatch article.
- It’s a paid message, but one worth reading: “…many overlook a major source of efficiency-sapping friction: paper documents.” The New York Times
- O-o-o-o-o, U Thai … not looking good on your restaurant inspection. U’ve lost a lot of us! One of the really bad dining facility inspection reports in this week’s Lancaster County listings at Lancaster Online.
- Click here to go to the state’s Website of inspections … and the listing of the violations at each location. The statewide directory lists inspections for all municipalities in York County and Lancaster County.
- … except those in Columbia – Columbia persists in having its own inspection system with its own forms and inspection items – rather than the one used statewide.
- In lots of states, Customers are openly advised of the inspection performance of eating establishments. In New York and California, for instance, visitors and “locals” know the restaurant’s current inspection status because a color coded symbol is visibly posted on the window.
Click on the image to read about food code inspection guides.