Today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today … “I think I’ve got the skills to do it!” – Lancaster County native and former Tour de France cyclist winner who admitted to doping charges, is starting a marijuana business in Colorado – Lancaster Online
Another Quote for today … “Those who miscalled Brexit haven’t — or hadn’t — fully grasped the gravity and intensity of the identity imperative.” – From Washington Post columnist Kathleen Parker’s column.
- Columbia and Landisville residents in the news | not in a good way – Pennlive
- West Hempfield Township is looking for a Police Officer – did you see the ad in the Central Penn Business Journal?
- Ah, those trusted employees – Lancaster Online
- And this one – FOX43-TV
- Fireworks for the Fourth | Mountville’s got ’em; Wrightsville and Ephrata, too. East Pete, Quarryville and The Buck, too. Right around here – not so much. – Lancaster Online
- The following week, though, “The Columbia QRS will be hosting fireworks and a carnival on 07-09-16 and 07-10-16 at 265 S. 10th St. There will be traffic and parking restrictions on 10th St., Ridge Ave., Mifflin St. as well as Houston St. during the event.” – CrimeWatchPA.com
The granddaddy though will be the fireworks following the music at Long’s Park on Sunday night, July 3. “US Army Band, Cannon Brigade and Fireworks!– Long’s Park Amphitheater, 1441 Harrisburg Pike @ U.S. Route 30, Lancaster, PA 17601, Lancaster, PA 17601, 717-735-8883. Bring your blankets and lawn chairs and picnic in the park or visit our food vendors and enjoy this free concert. Begins at 7:30 pm. Patriotic Concert and Fireworks – The United States Army Band – known as “Pershing’s Own” – the premier musical organization band in the US Army. Don’t miss the area’s biggest and best celebration of our nation’s birthday.” – LancasterPa.com
“Sing, sing a GOP song”
- Sure, Pennsylvania’s flush with cash. The states that do have severance taxes are not, evidently. “Most (but not all) oil producing states levy a severance tax on its oil production.” – Mineralweb.com
- Some would say “flip-flop” or “bobbleheaded” – “Sen. Bob Casey does an ‘about-face’ on gun-control” – Pennlive