The news from Dallas is horrific! – The Dallas Morning News
Today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today … “I was catching up with Leo.” – Manheim Township School District directors’ president President Bill Murry in an article claiming he acted in “behind-the-scenes maneuvers” during the search for a new superintendent. – Lancaster Online
Another quote for today … “Money allows you to do those things that bring happiness, but you can’t buy happiness.” – Dale Brickley, an educational psychologist at Philhaven, an affiliate of WellSpan Health, in a page one LNP – Always Lancaster article about the swelling of the PowerBall and MegaMillions lotteries. [MAYBE not, but you sure could rent a bunch of happy!]
- Terrorists, snipers and bullies: identical cowards! “There’s not much difference between bullies and terrorists. Terrorists attempt to kill as many people as quickly and as publicly as possible, bullies kill their victims slowly, one by one. The end result is the same … businesses wrecked, livelihoods destroyed, lives lost, families ripped apart.”
- Are they, school board directors and other self-serving elected public servants “Ego extremists?”
- Monday night’s council meeting (7:00 pm at the borough hall) will include interviews for aspirants to fill the existing council vacancies. The Draft Agenda is now posted at the Website. Be sure to come to the meeting to see some new faces … including some who’ve chucked their hats into the ring for councillor.
- Jail time for “loud sex” in Red Lion – CBSNews
- Columbia’s team wins in Legion tourney – Lancaster Online
- And to think this crap doesn’t happen all the time! Elected public servants think the laws don’t apply to them. Manheim Township’s school board directors’ president does it again. – Lancaster Online
- “Forecast for stocks in the second half of year: Turbulence” – The Big Story | AP
- “Brucekies will be non smoking mid August. Work will be taking place to accommodate smokers at the beginning of August! Wait until you see what’s coming next…!” – Bruceskie’s facebook page
Wonder whether we should skip the expense of the lookalike parties’ conventions and just have presidential candidates be part of the Running of the Bulls in Pamplona? Winner gets out ungored!