Today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today … “At our Columbia center, we’ll offer family medicine and integrated behavioral health services to individuals of all income levels. As a community health center, we participate in most insurance plans and offer a sliding-fee scale based on family size and income.” – Jenny Englerth, CEO of Family First Health in this LNP – Always Lancaster column.
- Rite-Aid “oxy” thefts arrest – West Hempfield Township facebook page and CrimeWatch
- Not just at PSU; but everywhere | “Remaining rutted in the past does nothing for the future” – The Daily Collegian
- LEGAL NOTICE | About an ” Intergovernmental Cooperation Agreement between the Lancaster County Land Bank and Borough of Columbia, a Municipality in Lancaster County and Columbia Borough School District” will be discussed and considered for adoption at the September Council Meeting. – Lancaster Online
- Another facebook post / string about another stolen bike | “My daughters bike was stolen today from our driveway. Looks like this picture but the pink is faded and the left brake is broken and the front reflector is broken off. If anyone has information please let me know. It is a huffy rosie 20″ bmx bike. Thanks!” – “You know you’re from Columbia PA if…”
What if Columbia Bourough School District would consolidate athletic opportunities with other county schools? What if Columbia’s students could play girls’ field hockey, soccer or swim on other school teams? What if students could compete for roster spots in rifle; lacrosse, fencing or other sports activities?
- Here is “each regulation that pertains to operation of a child day care facility, a brief description of the regulation and the hyperlink to the regulation:” – Pennsylvania Department of Human Services
- “Once a Bucknell Professor, Now the Commander of an Ethiopian Rebel Army” – The New York Times Magazine
- Not really a choice! – Henry Ford’s choice, “Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants as long as it is black.” – Hobson’s Choice (A free choice in which only one thing is offered.) – our choices: Clinton | Trump & Toomey | McGinty.
- Who wants a forgetful President? “In her FBI interview, Clinton claimed she couldn’t remember something 39 separate times. That didn’t do much to erase suspicions that she’d consciously skirted the law.” – The Washington Post
- “Want to volunteer for Donald Trump? “You have to sign a 2,271-word nondisclosure agreement, which prohibits you from criticizing Trump or his family for the rest of your life. One problem: Some of it isn’t exactly legal.” – Vox
- “Germans who resisted Hitler and the Nazis” – biographyonline
Who knew? Remember the movie?