- “Columbia motorist charged with 3 traffic violations after striking woman who later died” – Lancaster Online
Today’s news and information gleanings … from here and there!
Today’s quote … “I’ll have a hamburger.” – Wimpy
- 6:24 am: Shoddy delivery | “Hold-it-in-your-hands copy is here – digital LNP – Always Lancaster is not. [NOTE: A 7:20 am check in shows the d-edition is now posted.]
Happening here, too. Screen shot of “What’s Happening in Columbia,Pa. and Area” facebook page thread.
- Here we go again – corporate welfare | The honeymoon’s over and the outstretched hands are asking you to pay their bills. “Barnstormers’ owner asks county for $5.85M over 9 years to help pay Clipper Stadium rent, to be repaid by 2034” – Lancaster Online [[Insider] and page one item at LNP – Always Lancaster
- LIP news reports that LNP Media Group has filed suit against the Lancaster County Housing Authority as it seeks information about Section 8 voucher addresses.
- Are they spying on us? You betcha’ – “Police officers across the country misuse confidential law enforcement databases” – mail.com
- Bridge closure October 1 for Bridge Bust – Columbia Police Department facebook and Crime Watch pages.
- Seen at facebook posts: Your talking about you’re liberties! (Well not, exactly, but the word use slaughter is there daily!)
- They’re back! The Columbia Borough School District has resurrected the SCHOOL BOARD POLICIES at its Website. Under the drop-down menu – DISTRICT then SCHOOL BOARD.
The “Partners in Thyme” Herb Club of Southern York and Northern Baltimore Counties will hold its October meeting at the Glenview Alliance Church, 10037 Susquehanna Trail, Glen Rock, Pa. 17327 on Friday, October 7th, 2016 at 10:30 AM.
Our Program will be given by Sarah Preston, a community herbalist from Lancaster, Pa. Ms Preston is the owner of Radiance in downtown Lancaster and the Herbs from the Labyrinth in Lancaster County. The name of our program is LET’S Make Fire Cider” a traditional cold remedy with deep roots in folk medicine, made with cider vinegar infused with powerful immune-boosting herbs. We will all see her prepare it and taste some. Just what we need for the cold days ahead.
Our program will be followed by our monthly business meeting and our brown bag lunch with tasty desserts and tea prepared by our hospitality members. We still have room for a few new members. If you are interested, please call Barbara Ann de Leon at (717) 428-2210 and leave a message. You can also send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org – SOURCE: news release
From the Borough’s Notify Me email:
2016 ALBATWITCH DAY – Sponsored by the Columbia Historic Preservation Society – Location: Art’s at Hinkles / 200 Block of Locust Street, Columbia, PA 17512 – Saturday,- October 8, 2016 – 9am-3pm – Lectures – Apple Pie Contest – Live Music – Sci-Fi Artwork – and more…. Market House Dungeon Tours 9am-11am $3.00 per person – Albatwitch Trolley Rides 11am-2pm $5.00 per person