Today’s news and information gleanings … from here and there!
Today’s quote … “The whole process of government, as he views it, is simply a process of promoting his private advantage. He can imagine no good save his own good.” – H.L. Mencken, Democratic Man. [The quote is the opening line from this piece sent by a Columbia news, views & reviews reader: “It’s Over (Again); Stop Worrying (Again): D. Trump, The Virtuous Clod-Hopper”]- BedlanFarm.com
A second quote: “I am not sure who won, but I know who lost: the American people.” – A quote from Timothy Opinaldo, of Lancaster/Facebook, according to an LNP – Always Lancaster editorial page “Other Opinions: Clinton vs. Trump” blurb.
Another American Tragedy – “Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.” – Thomas Jefferson“
- Digital only – “One of Pittsburgh’s two daily newspapers will cease publication” – WITF
- For those operating in another era or mindset – [SPECIAL NOTE: The publication ” will become digital-only!”]
- A cue from some real wall builders | “Dear Mr Trump: here’s how you build a wall” – The Conversation.
- Clown sightings prompt alert to parents in Donegal School District – Lancaster Online
- Body cameras “helpful” so far” | Hanover Police Chief – The Hanover Evening Sun
- Trump stump Saturday at Spooky Nook at 7:00 pm– Get Tickets here
- “The science is in: gardening is good for you” – The Conversation
- It could happen! | BoSox “go from worst to first … again!” – The Boston Globe
- Could it happen in Chicago, too? It could! – Chicago Cubs year-by-year results
- DUI and hit and run charges filed – Columbia Borough Police Department facebook page
- Nope; ain’t gonna’ do it! The county’s top elected public servants have told the Barnstormers the county cannot be their bank; “‘The county doesn’t have that kind of excess capacity,’ Commissioner Josh Parsons said,” in an article in today’s LNP – Always Lancaster.
- Communication confusion continues in Columbia!!! Think people are confused? | Happened across this facebook page which is “an unofficial Page … created because people on Facebook have shown interest in this place of business. It’s not affiliated with or endorsed by anyone associated with Columbia River Park.” Yet, it links to the Columbia Borough Website. Columbia Crossing has a page too. It is an official page that links to Susquehanna Heritage : 501(c)3 non-profit corporation .