Today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today … “Watch the polling booths because I hear too many bad stories about Pennsylvania.” – Donald Trump restated his insinuations that he can only lose if the election results, particularly those in Pennsylvania, are rigged. – Pennlive
Another quote for today … ” … he’s going to the polls for the first time in his life.” – A “not-exactly-a-role-model citizen” comment in this Lancaster Online article: “Thousands lined up for Trump rally at Spooky Nook Sports in Lancaster County.”
A third quote for today … “Racism has lived in the shadows, but now is out in the light. It cannot survive in the light unless there is silence.” – From a letter-to-the-editor in today’s LNP – Always Lancaster by Timothy Mentzer, Senior Pastor, Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, Lancaster.
- OMG – the other one’s coming to Harrisburg next week – Hillaryclinton.com
- And they all fall in line, Lloyd Smucker and Scott Martin follow Ted Cruz lead – now support Trump. – Lancaster Online
- Is there any difference? Between Colin Kaepernick’s not standing and Trump supporters not following the US Code about conduct during the playing of the National Anthem? “all other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, and men not in uniform, if applicable, should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart.” NONE!
- “During the National Anthem, Americans are asked to put their right hands over their hearts. But why?” – Smithsonian Magazine
- Wondering! Are the “Pop-Up” shops operating in Columbia following the laws? ” … you simply have to register your enterprise with the municipal public order office before and after you take on business,” advises this Website.
Click here to go to the state’s Website of inspections … and the listing of the violations at each location. The statewide directory lists inspections for all municipalities in York County and Lancaster County.… except those in Columbia – Columbia persists in having its own inspection system with its own forms and inspection items – rather than the one used statewide.
- The place changes names every couple months, but the Asian restaurant called Mount Pepper continues to rack up a huge stack of violations. – Lancaster County inspections this week – Lancaster Online
- York County restaurant inspections. – The York Dispatch
- Video: Restaurant Inspections
- How, exactly, is this helping the Market House prospects for success? The parking lot that’s designated for FREE PARKING for Market House shoppers is a parking lot for municipal vehicles. On our visit to the Market House yesterday to make purchases, we saw at least five of the vehicles parked there sporting municipal tags. The Market House needs the support of every Borough department – the vendors depend on Customers – Customers who cannot use the designated parking spaces if they’re filled with many of the municipality’s fleet.