Today’s news and information gleanings from here and there.
Today’s quote … “I said it, I was wrong and I apologize.’’- Believe it or not, this is what the Republican Party’s candidate for the highest office in the nation – the leader of the free world – said in this Boston Globe article about his comments about women. Imagine the same thing will be uttered after nuking some place on earth.
What’s the deal with this? Anyone know?
A reader sent these pictures and note: “No. Just showed up in the neighborhood Tuesday. Lots of Police activity all eve – they kept checking on it. The next day the notice was taped to the window. You did notice that the air bags were deployed, front window cracked, flat tire, out of insp. and fender damaged. Wondering how it got driven here in this condition. None of the neighbrs know anything was hit “around here.
- The DRAFT agenda for Monday’s council meeting is not posted here – but it is posted here at Columbia Spy. [NOTE: just been advised the agenda is posted at the Borough’s Website; it’s just not in chronological order! It’s at the bottom of the page just before the April 18 agenda.]
- “short-handed Columbia” football team downed by Annville-Cleona – Lancaster Online
- The other major party’s candidate for the US Chief Executive Officer take a mayoral approach: She says whatever the audience wants to hear. | “Excerpts posted on Clinton speeches to Wall Street” – The Boston Globe
- “2015 American Household Credit Card Debt Study” shows the average household has “$15,675 of debt on credit cards.” – nerdwallet
- Another source says: “Average American Household Debt: $5,700. Average for balance-carrying households: $16,048” – valuepenguin
- Valid viewpoint in this Boston Globe letter-to-the-editor: “No place of worship should be used as a polling place”
Just too cool – from Intermezzo by Stephanie at the Columbia Market House
- Job postings – Family First Health – Susquehanna Valley Chamber of Commerce – scroll down to announcements for (an executive director and other positions) – Columbia Borough – Columbia Borough School District