Today’s news and information gleanings from here and there.
Today’s quote … “The relatively subdued and largely defanged Republican nominee … was a different figure from the candidate America has watched for the past 16 months.” – From this New York Times article.
Another quote … “A lack of transparency results in distrust and a deep sense of insecurity.” – Dalai Lama
Click here or on the above graphic to download as a .pdf to enlarge, to print an to share! Photo of a page from today’s LNP – Always Lancaster.
- Buying a park, “Infinite $5,000 payments” – booze at River Park, priceless! – borrowed from Master Card’s “Priceless” campaign idea.
- Columbia’s football team is lead sports story in today’s LNP – Always Lancaster‘s Sports pages.
- “Columbia Market House is announcing their change of hours for the Fall/Winter Season. They will be open Wednesday & Thursday 10am to 2pm (with limited stand holders); Friday, Saturday, & Sunday 10am to 3pm. For further information; checkout our website and follow us on Facebook – Columbia Market House.” – News release
- One infected school board loses assistant superintendent | Article in today’s LNP – Always Lancaster states Manheim Township’s deputy super is leaving for a lesser paying position elsewhere. This ahead of the state audit may mean much more to come.
- Ask people; they’ll tell you – results from the “at the table” sit-down conversations.
- Huh? “prosecutors didn’t believe they could ‘sustain the required burden of proof for conviction,’” – This line from this Lancaster Online article shows what happens when the press release is the article. You get to say what you want – and people are supposed to believe it. Will Rogers may have been wrong. Or he may have been right!
- “All I know is just what I read in the papers, and that’s an alibi for my ignorance.” – Will Rogers.
This notice was emailed by the Borough to those registered to receive email at the Notify Me email alert system. The notice is posted at the Borough’s Website. The email notice says, “Suggested donation of $2 per person.” The notice at the Website does not state that. Is this a borough function? If not, which organization, entity or agency receives the money for this? Transparency matters.
- “How to keep your dog safe and happy this Halloween” – Consumer Affairs.com