Today’s news and information gleanings from here and there.
Today’s quote … “If this was not a community issue, I wouldn’t be here suggesting we help a private entity.” – Lancaster County commissioner, Dennis Stuckey, in a turnabout decision to fork over county cash to help Barnstormers wioth their rent. – Article in today’s LNP – Always Lancaster.
Another quote … “I think God did a pretty good job with our current president, and I doubt if he would allow an insane, narcissistic sociopath to be our next president.” – From a Letter-to-the-editor writer, Jim Bishop of Landisville in today’s LNP – Always Lancaster. [NOTE: Wouldn’t bet the farm on that, Jim. These are crazy times for this country.]
- Corporate welfare? Yep. Think the county might help with your rent? Nope.
- Back in September, this wasn’t the case: “County Unlikely to Back Barnstormers’ Proposal” – Ballparkdigest.com
- The Internet has just reached another record figure in the world. of the 3,675,824.813 Internet users in the world, the Internet penetration rate, equivalent to the percentage of the world population that has access to the Internet, is 50.1%.- InternetWorldStats
North of the border, this is a political statement: “Toronto city councillor gives middle finger in response to city hall ‘roof tax’ proposal” – GlobalNews
- Here’s today’s Daily Incident Report that the Pennsylvania Department of Emergency Management Agency sends to the Governor’s office: 20161026 Daily Report
- November 12 – National Close Your Wells Fargo Account Day
- Citizens closes downtown Lancaster branch – Central Penn Business Journal