Countdown – Days until Election Day!
Today’s news and information gleanings from here and there.
Today’s quote … “Return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear, when from out of the past come the thundering hoofbeats of the great horse Silver! The Lone Ranger rides again!” – Part of the introduction to the weekly show revered by many. [NOTE: Could be the refrain in Happy Valley today too.]
- Seven o’clock is the new eight o’clock – and darkness will envelop the world until March 12, 2017!
- If you’ve not yet voted, here’s what’s on the ballot. – Lancaster Online
- Just wondering … | “Governor of Pennsylvania, Tom Wolf is a businessman who is independently wealthy, has declined his state salary. He “sees himself as a ‘citizen-politician.’” Wonder whether that’ll be the posture that either of the wealthy presidential candidates or the PA Senate candidates take?
- Would you like someone to give you a million dollars? Would you like them if they did? | “Clinton’s charity confirms Qatar’s $1 million gift while she was at State Dept” – Philly.com
- Lancaster County’s Veterans Court graduates largest class to date – helps get veterans back on path while saving money for the county.
Come to a meeting of the Committee of the Whole Board on Thursday – if there is one!
- Uh-oh … there’s a page one article in today’s LNP – Always Lancaster about a Fair Lending Violation investigation of Fulton Bank. Gollee, can any bank be trusted?
- An LNP – Always Lancaster article says that 84% of Lancaster Countians eligible to vote are registered to vote – but only 78% of Columbia’s are registered.
- “You can take a selfie in the voting booth in Pennsylvania, but you shouldn’t post it until you get outside.” – Philly.com
- Heck that may begin on Tuesday when (paraphrasing from The Book of Luke, here) “There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth …”
- 2016 Extraordinary Give – November 18!! Get ready to give – look at supporting Lancaster County’s helping agencies, particularly those in Columbia!
- Hammering Hershey Trust – Philly.com
Click here to go to the state’s Website of inspections … and the listing of the violations at each location. The statewide directory lists inspections for all municipalities in York County and Lancaster County.… except those in Columbia – Columbia persists in having its own inspection system with its own forms and inspection items – rather than the one used statewide.
- Lancaster County inspections – Lancaster Online