Today’s news and information gleanings from here and there.
Today’s quote … “Weasels may look cute and cuddly; you don’t want to get too close to these little beasts. They might have cute little faces, but weasels are also bloodthirsty.” – Weasel facts
- Columbia’s 2017 PROPOSED Budget info is here … on separate pages!!!
- THIS EVENING, November 28 at 6:00 pm | Special Meeting of Columbia Borough Council will be held in conjunction with the monthly Finance Committee Meeting to discuss re-purposing of the Waste Water Treatment Plant into a Bio-CNG Facility and any other necessary Borough Business.
- Adoption of the 2017 Budget – Notice is hereby given that the Borough Council of the Borough of Columbia, at its scheduled regular meeting on December 12, 2016, at 7:00pm in Council Chambers of the Borough Municipal Building located at 308 Locust Street, Columbia, will consider for adoption Resolution No. 16-22 adopting the budget for the Borough of Columbia for the year 2017 and will consider for adoption Ordinance No. 881 fixing the real estate tax millage rate for 2017 at 8.0 mills, which is $.80 of tax for each $100 of assessed real estate valuation. This action will result in no increase from the 2016 real estate tax rate.
- Borough & School Board Joint meeting slated for Monday, December 6 – 7:00 pm
- The weasel strikes: “Pay more and get less: The Ryan plan to privatize Medicare”
- Medicare Advantage plans: more revenue for insurers and you may have to find new doctors.
- In the weasel’s 2012 Path to Prosperity! manifesto are these lines: “This flexibility will allow seniors to enjoy the same kind of choices in their plans that members of Congress enjoy. Medicare will provide a payment to subsidize the cost of the plan, and forcing plans to compete against each other to serve the patient will help ensure guaranteed affordability.” Note the eradication of the single-payer option and the inclusion of insurance companies’ “competing against each other.” Yeah, right.
- Healthcare insurance “stocks gains continue to be ‘yuge.’”
- Most profitable industries include healthcare technology and insurance/finance
- Weasel actions … in 2012! Now he’s even more emboldened.
- Just one more “wealthy weasel” representing us. Yeah, right!