today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
- Today’s Weather!
- Today in History!
- Traffic Cam Rts. 30 & 441
- The Official Time! – Population Clock (U.S. and World)
Quote for today… “I think there’s just one kind of folks. Folks.” – Harper Lee
- LEGAL NOTICES published in the Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era, February 1, 2012: “LEGALNOTICE Notice is hereby given that the Columbia Borough Council meetingsscheduled for 02/27/2012, 03/26/12, 04/23/12, 05/22/12, 06/25/12, 07/23/12, 08/27/12, 09/24/10, 10/22/12, 11/20/12 and 12/18/12 have been rescheduled to begin at 6:00 pm rather than 7:00 pm. These meetings will be held in the Columbia Borough Municipal Building, 308 Locust Street, Columbia, PA. If you are a person with a disability wishing to attend these meetings and require an accommodation to participate, please contact the Columbia Borough Office at 684-2467. Norman B. Meiskey III Borough Manager”
- A deadly river – Intelligencer Journal editorial
- Letter to the editors – Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era
- “As Penn State students rally, Pa. Gov. Tom Corbett ties aid to open records” – Harrisburg Patriot News
- “Former Penn State professor charged with $3 million fraud” – York Dispatch
- New research finding: “Regular consumption of black tea significantly lowers systolic blood pressure (SBP) and diastolic BP (DBP), researchers have found.” – MedWireNews
- Editorial Column from The Washington Post: “Obama plays his Catholic allies for fools”
- “Months after protests at Hershey Co. warehouse, changes loom for foreign students’ work” – Harrisburg Patriot News
- “Our Lady of Angels collection for pets tops 120 items” – MyColumbiaNews
- “The Eastern York School District is accepting applications for a head varsity boys’ lacrosse coach, assistant varsity boys’ lacrosse coach, head girls’ varsity coach and assistant girls’ varsity coach. Applicants need to obtain an application packet from Carla Myers, Human Resource Specialist, Eastern York School District, at P.O. Box 150, 120 S. Third St., Wrightsville, Pa., 17368. She can be contacted by phone (478-6007) or fax (478-6010). The closing date for applications is Tuesday, Feb. 7” – York Dispatch
- Expanded news coverage of MyColumbiaNews articles (OLA Catholic School collects pet items and Columbia weighs regs on pawnshops … ) is available in the print “hold-it-in-your-hands” newspaper today. The West zone edition copies of the B Section (local news) carry these two articles with much greater detail. Pick up a copy to read more.