today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
- Today’s Weather!
- Today in History!
- Traffic Cam Rts. 30 & 441
- The Official Time! – Population Clock (U.S. and World)
Quote for today… “I swear to the Lord – I still can’t see – Why Democracy means – Everybody but me.” – Langston Hughes
- Columbia’s queen of lies and Columbia’s lies: A Scribbler column – Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era
- Could this happen here; you betcha’! – “‘You could hear cars hitting each other. People were crying. People were screaming. It was crazy,’ the Gainesville man said hours later. ‘If I could give you an idea of what it looked like, I would say it looked like the end of the world.'” – CBSNews
- Funds for disabilities care cut as “The state Office of Developmental Programs, with a $35 million deficit,” is slashing funding to service providers, “forcing them toward the ‘nightmare’ of having to cut patient services.” – Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era
“Manheim Township trims $1.2M from preliminary budget; police “frank and honest” salary discussion helped to lessen the blow. – Lancaster Intelligencer Journal/New Era [NOTE: To view the Township’s budget as .pdf files at the Website, click under
DOCUMENTS” or click here.]
- “Teachers ‘flip’ their lectures, homework to reach more students: The idea is that by working on ‘homework’ in class, teachers and students get more out of their time together.” York Daily Record
- “Beer in an ambulance?” – York Daily Record
- Meet the Newt Gingrich from Hummelstown, PA – Harrisburg Patriot News
- Advice column; hopefully it won’t apply to you. “Help! My Boss is an Insecure Jerk” – LeadershipFreak