today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today… “The notion that you’re gonna kill all these family sustaining jobs and that somehow people are gonna go out and work for minimum wage at a damn Sheetz, I think, is outrageous.”- Senator Jim Ferlo (D-Allegheny/Westmoreland), during state hearings on the privitizing of liquor sales in the state. – WHTM-TV
- Samantha Keller, Columbia, was awarded the Outstanding Senior Award in the Medical Assistant program at Lancaster County Career & Technology Center’s Willow Street Campus at the certificate and awards ceremony held at Hempfield High School on May 28. – Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era
- “Lemoyne’s sewer rates could double this year.” – Harrisburg Patriot-News [NOTE: Lemoyne Borough leases and operates the wastewater treatment plant through the Lemoyne Municipal Authority.]
- Ah, those trusted family members: “A 77-year-old Lititz man is missing $85,000 after his daughter and her husband pilfered the money from his safe deposit box during a period of four months, officials said.”
- Dangerous synthetic drug kills: “A synthetic drug more powerful than heroin is to blame for six overdoses in the city of Lebanon over the last two weeks, including one that led to death, according to officials.” – Harrisburg Patriot-News
- Take advantage of those locusts when they come: Eat them. – Cicadia recipes here – Harrisburg Patriot-News