today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today … “‘ … well you better get on board or you will be shut down.” – Alleged threats uttered by Eugene Schmitt and (Columbia) Borough (Fire) Chief Scott Ryno in this issue of Charles E. Snyder III’s “ruminations” columns about the fire service consolidation machinations. [NOTE: Someone told us about the meeting; it must have been a real “kick-ass” collaboration initiative meeting.] Today is Bastille Day, y’know?
- rcarliso63‘s got a passel of nice videos uploaded at youtube including a one-person band performance at River Park following yesterday’s kayak races and a bike ride on the Northwest Trail from Marietta’s Riverfront Park to Marietta – youtube
- Ocean City’s roiling about “drooping” drawers – The Washington Post
- Jeff Reinhardt asks, “Which L-L coach would you pick to start your football program from scratch? (poll)
- Life’s good for overpaid CEOs and elected “public servants.” “From 1978 to 2012, CEO compensation measured with options realized increased about 875 percent, a rise more than double stock market growth and substantially greater than the painfully slow 5.4 percent growth in a typical worker’s compensation over the same period.” – Economic Policy Institute issue brief
- “Blow Dry Bars Are a Thriving Industry Disrupting the Salon Business” – The Daily Beast
- A complete listing of all inspections at food serving facilities in Lancaster, York counties and the entire state, except those in Columbia, are listed at the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture Website.
- “Hawk Mountain Sanctuary re-opens with an expanded education building” – Harrisburg Patriot-News
- Culling future criminals from college teams before they become big-time losers as Patriot’s Aaron Fernandez: “Former Penn State recruit Zayd Issah charged with aggravated assault, other offenses” – Daily Collegian
- “U.S. Airman Denied American-Made Boots” – Project on Government Oversight