today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today… “”I actually did vote for the $87 billion, before I voted against it.”— Then Senator John Kerry, on voting against a military funding bill for U.S. troops in Iraq, March 19, 2004. And folks as this run foreign policy?
- Not new news, but “Kroger Announces Retirement of Turkey Hill Dairy President Quintin Frey” – The Wall Street Journal
- Has the government lied about snooping? – ProPublica
- PSU football game tickets are not cheap – Harrisburg Patriot-News
- Stolen cat? – craigslist
- Only $70,000 for this mansion that’s one of the 93 houses for sale in Columbia according to Jesse Storm, stormteamrealestate.com
- Craigslist job listings in Columbia includes teachers, bartenders, office assistant.
- The bail-out kings have us again: “Over a Million Are Denied Bank Accounts for Past Errors” – dealbook/New York Times
- OPINION – And then there are “Big-Oil” ethics as BP wants to walk away from its responsibilities: “After having a hand in this huge disaster, the company wants to leave these communities to rebuild on their own, even as it takes in record profits.” – The New York Times