today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Question for today… “It’s sick individuals like this that remind me why I support the death penalty. This is a sick, sick crime and the person should be removed from existence.” – dhsmj, commenter to the Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era article about the man set on fire in Marietta.
- Trouble at Coatesville School District: “racially-charged text messages surface.” – West Chester Daily Local News
- Another school crisis – Harrisburg Patriot-News
- Fourth Monday: “Committee of the Whole/Council 4th Monday at 6:00 pm, unless holiday” – Borough Website
- Interesting legal notice in today’s Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era says the East Cocalico Township supervisors will host a luncheon tomorrow to meet with employees “to discuss any concerns or suggestions they have related to their jobs.” The acronym T-I-N-S-T-A-F-L comes to mind.
- Another legal notice states that Manor Township’s supervisors will hold a meeting to discuss changes to an ordinance relating to their superb parks including “Conces-sions”; and specific Regulations for the “Manor Township Rail Trail”
- Manor Township’s new river trail was “busier” than the boardwalk yesterday afternoon … runners, cyclists, walkers and strollers were enjoying the first day of fall.
- Kudos to Manor Township for providing amenities at the start of the trail. Toilet facilities and parking spaces for persons with a disability make the trail even more inviting. Kudos to the scores of people looking for parking spaces; while there were parkers who parked their vehicles in non-designated, grassy areas, they did not encroach on the designated “handicap-parking spaces.”