today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today … “I just want to know why this senseless act here, this high-speed chase on this road here … innocent people got killed, my wife.” – Husband of Bendetta “Lynn” Miller who was killed when a Pennsylvania State Trooper crashed into her vehicle during a high-speed chase of a suspect who “refused to pull over during a traffic stop.” – PennLive
- It’s time for the monthly Council meeting of the whole | tonight at 6:00 pm – Borough Website
- When’s “trick or treat” night? According to the Lancaster Inter-Municipal Committee Website, “all sixty municipalities in Lancaster County have had trick-or-treating at the same time.”
- The adopted policy: “trick-or-treating (will) be between 6:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. on Halloween (October 31), except when Halloween falls on a Saturday or Sunday, in which case trick-or-treating should be on the prior Friday.” In plain speak; “trick or treat night will be Friday, October 30 from 6:00 pm and 8:00 pm.”
Amber Green for Lancaster County signs abound.
- But who is Amber Green and what office is she seeking? A letter-to-the-editor writer to LNP – Always Lancaster asked that a week ago too?
- Ought citizens not want to what office the candidate placing the signs is seeking? What kind of transparent message is being sent? Has the office seeker been ill-advised in this strategy?
- Amber Green is listed as an officer of the Lancaster Inter-Municipal Committee. Here’s her LinkedIn profile.
- By clicking here at the Lancaster County Board of Elections Website, you’ll learn that Amber Green is the Republican candidate for county treasurer.
- Oh, you ‘ll also learn who’s running for political offices in Columbia, including school board positions; borough councillors, etc.
- Remember, the mantra of the elected public servants: “An uninformed, non-voting constituency is best … for me!”
- It’s the way folks “get swept into office.”