today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today … ““A death warrant for the open Internet.” – In These Times.com
- “Eating out is one of the American public’s favorite pleasures, but discovering a restaurant received a health code violation is not.” – The Lebanon Daily News
- Lancaster County restaurant inspections – LancasterOnline
- York County restaurant inspections – York Dispatch
Photo source: foodinsight.org
- A complete listing of all inspections at food serving facilities in Lancaster, York counties and the entire state, except those in Columbia – Columbia persists in having its own inspection system with its own forms and inspection items – rather than the one used statewide, is available at the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture Website.
- Seen while walking at River Park.
- A week or so ago, Columbia Spy posted several photos of the trees identified for removal at River Park. Seems like nearly every tree nearest the River are “orange dot” identified. This defoliation project surely will change the character of the Riverfront.
- This is for the Vietnam veteran and veterans stationed near the DMZ in Korea from April 1, 1968 ti August 31, 1971; this important article is from the current issue of VFW Magazine.