today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today … “Stop crashing into my building!“ – Comment following this Lancaster Online article about an in-town auto crash yesterday.
- Oh, yes | the holiday spirit at the mall – Lancaster Online
- Food serving facilities inspections in York County – The York Sunday News
- No kidding | “Fruit-fly-type insects too numerous to count around hot-water heater; area is scheduled to be treated. Repeat violation from December 2011 and December 2014.” – Food serving facilities inspections in Lancaster County … Lancaster Online
- A complete listing of all inspections at food serving facilities in Lancaster, York counties and the entire state, except those in Columbia – Columbia persists in having its own inspection system with its own forms and inspection items – rather than the one used statewide, is available at the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture Website.
- In a more transparent environment, the Lancaster County Property Assessment office’s property ownership Website shows some more detailed information about property ownership.
- Summit Street Properties LLC (now with at least 34 properties) secures a few more – 321 Poplar Street and 235 South Fifth Street – and, no doubt, is one of the borough’s major tax payers. What’s curious is that there’s “Another Mifflintown landlord” – Mifflintown, evidently, is a landlord hotbed as Summit Street Properties and BHI Properties, LLC have Mifflintown addresses.