today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today … “It is up to them to faithfully represent their constituents, or else their constituents will find better representation. Impugning other people’s motives is not helpful. Instead, citizens ought to focus on the issues, and persuade one another using facts and reason.”– Huh? What’d he say. This comment is from soon-to-be-gone-but-not-soon-enough Representative Joe Pitts in this Lancaster Online article about buying votes.
- And life ain’t fair | two more instances: You probably pay a higher income tax percentage than the uber rich and you’d go to jail for shooting someone, but most police officers don’t.
- “Here is the surest way to enjoy the peace of mind that comes with having health insurance: Don’t get sick.” – The New York Times
- Board game in reverse | STEAL FROM YOUR FRIENDS AND THOSE WHO TRUST YOU AND DO NOT GO TO JAIL – TAKE YOUR TIME PAYING ON WHAT YOU STOLE AND CONTINUE TO COLLECT. Another instance of bad justice in Millersville “trusted staffer” theft. – Lancaster Online
- What are the odds on the same justice for this guy who’s accused of “over-collecting” on unemployment insurance? – Lancaster Online
- Top of front page article today | Columbia’s homeless shelter program “saw a significant rise on Monday night” as 13 people were served. – LNP – Always Lancaster.
- “CHI St. Joseph Children’s Health – Brush.Brush.Smile!® Columbia Dental Center provides quality, compassionate dental care to children ages birth to 18.” – CHI St. Joseph Children’s Health Website
- Ever wonder why Columbia seems to never be listed in the LNP – Always Lancaster MUNICIPAL BRIEFS OR DAILY POLICE LOG?