today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today … “Billionaires like Donald Trump can use bankruptcy to escape debts but average people can’t get relief from burdensome mortgage or student debt payments,” Robert Reich points out in this column: Ending the vicious cycle of wealth and power.
- and this is really no news: Joe Pitts recognized by “a conservative Christian group and lobbying organization.” – Lancaster Online
- Robert Reich sees bad news as he expects “the U.S. economy to sputter in 2016. That’s because the economy faces a deep structural problem: not enough demand for all the goods and services it’s capable of producing.” – Robert Reich Website
- Applause is due this water authority for snubbing a grant because the “grant would have also required the authority to conceal information from the public and disregard standard bidding practices.” – Pennlive
- “Recycle your Christmas tree at Columbia Fire Company on January 9, 2016 from 8 am to noon located at 10th and Manor Streets. The Borough Farm will also be open.” – Borough Website
- “The street sweeper will not be running until further notice. It will resume in the spring.” – Borough Website
- Columbia’s councillors are shown here – Borough Website NOTE: The borough council meets monthly on the “2nd Monday at 7:00 pm” at the borough hall’s meeting room.
- While on the topic of no news!!! As the new year comes into play, let’s see how those strategies and identified completion dates and early wins are working out.