today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today … “‘Person on charge has no knowledge of food safety’ .They all take courses………eat at home and save your life!“ – Comment following the restaurant inspections article at Lancaster Online.
- Wheels coming off the Franklin bus? | Shoop, defensive coordinator, to Tennessee! – University of Tennessee Sports Website
- Bad news first: You did not win the BILLION DOLLAR powerball last night.
- Good news: nobody else did either so there’s an opportunity for you again in Wednesday’s drawing for more than $1.3 billion dollars.
- You almost need to win the lottery to keep up with taxes – a page one article at LNP – Always Lancaster today says: “It’s mostly been a quiet creep, but the lowly municipal tax — the smallest real estate levy for most local property owners — has risen an average of 55 percent in Lancaster County over the past decade.”
- Here’s the tax schedule – county, municipality and school – for each municipality in the County. – Lancaster Online
- Scores of rodent droppings found at at the Imperial Gourmet during inspections in York County – The York Dispatch
- It’s a shame what’s happening at Dunkin’ Donuts with some franchise owners – Food serving facilities inspections in Lancaster County … Lancaster Online
- A complete listing of all inspections at food serving facilities in Lancaster, York counties and the entire state, except those in Columbia – Columbia persists in having its own inspection system with its own forms and inspection items – rather than the one used statewide, is available at the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture Website.
- Trusted Property Group, LLC, 2675 Eastern Boulevard, York, PA 17402 is another out-of-the-area investor that sees opportunity in Columbia as it acquires 256 South Fifth Street.
- Notice the assorted wearing of the troopers’ campaign hats in the photos at Columbia Spy’s Farm Show article?