- today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today … “Society would be much better off if the police stings were targeted at dirty politicians and banksters that have robbed us, rather than this individual.” – Comment following this Pennlive article about an arrest for prostitution and “taunting the police.”
Second quote for today … “Does the borough generally schedule a time to plow up to the curb streets like Walnut, Chestnut, etc. or are we on our own for that? Legitimate question, no snarkiness.” – post at the “You know you’re from Columbia PA if … ” facebook page.
- Wow, can you believe January’s almost gone!
- Heard at Hinkle’s last night: “Columbia’s doing a much better job with snow removal than Wrightsville.” True enough, but it could be so much better if the borough would communicate with its citizens.
- Like this a lot: Digging out Lancaster County facebook page
- Let’s check out these Websites to find out what Columbia’s citizens can find out about current, accurate, relevant, updated snow info.
- Columbia Borough – NO UPDATES HERE: “There is a snow emergency in effect starting at 7:00 pm ,Friday, January 22, 2016 until further notice. See police page for more information on emergency routes.”
- Columbia Police Department facebook page – NO UPDATE HERE: Last post on January 24.
- Columbia Borough School District – NO UPDATES HERE: WGAL-TV‘s weather closings page shows a two-hour delay.
Duck Donuts coming to Overlook – Pennlive
- Cash envy – another trusted staffer strikes – Lancaster Online