today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today … “You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.” – Appears President Abraham Lincoln nailed it in this situation: “Asher Potts, the model high school student who is really a Ukrainian adult, duped everyone.” – Pennlive
- It’s a white world y’all – The New York Times
- Being a law enforcement officer is an “extremely dangerous job.” – The Washington Post
One of the citations food serving facility inspections that turns up that doesn’t make sense: “The Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection.”
- Click here to go to the state’s Website of inspections … and the listing of the violations at each location. The statewide directory lists inspections for all municipalities in York County and Lancaster County.
- … except those in Columbia – Columbia persists in having its own inspection system with its own forms and inspection items – rather than the one used statewide.
- This quote from an anonymous commenter sends the kind of message a presidential hopeful sends here. – Pennlive
- “Union Community Bank has donated $10,000 to assist in establishing a local nonprofit’s new financial education facility.” – Central Penn Business Journal
In York, “the Healthy World Café establishment closed Friday.” – Central Penn Business Journal
- Why do so many restaurants fail? – Business Insider
Snow geese overhead; robins and DQ’s opening are signaling springtime.