today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
- Exchanged waves and “Good mornings” with a dozen or so walkers and bike riders on the trail from Columbia to Marietta yesterday. What a great day for a walk through the woods.
- “Interactive body map: what really gives you cancer?” – The Conversation
- “Epigenetic age is a new way to measure your biological age. When your biological (epigenetic) age is older than your chronological age, you are at increased risk for getting and dying of cancer.” – Futurity.org
- Love this sentiment from a Mount Joy councillor in his letter to the editor in today’s LNP – Always Lancaster: “The lesson of the Manheim Township school board, and the true value of the Sunshine Act, is in citizens becoming involved in their government. So read the online agendas and minutes, attend those public meetings, and become more engaged in your public councils and boards. If you don’t, then all the government transparency in the world will mean nothing.
- 89 mph on Route 30 and several driving with a suspended or no license – Columbia PD facebook page