today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today … “The Susquehanna River is also no stranger to missing persons … .” – Accurate statement from this Pennlive article.
Second quote for today … “Bummer, but you do understand what a lease is don’t you?” – Comment following this “deja vu” all over again article at Lancaster Online.
- Don’t you just love the weather? The croci do!
- Speeders beware … the long arm of the law is watching … and doing something about it.
- The Borough sent this to email subscribers via the EMAIL ALERT SYSTEM: “Yard Waste pick up begins Monday, April 4, 2016.Yard waste must be free of trash and rubbish. NO DIRT! The Borough Farm which is located at 254 Blue Lane is open the second Saturday of each month from 7 am to 12pm for drop -off of trees, shrubs, grass clippings, limbs, etc.”
- A parable!
- “Is the U.S. government less corrupt than we think?” – Futurity.org
- Click here to find out! – The Conversation
- News release – “Lock Haven University Hosting Transfer Thursday Appointments” Interested in applying to Lock Haven University and getting an on-the-spot decision during your appointment? Bring your official transcripts* and our transfer coordinator will assist you with application completion, evaluate your transcripts, and render a decision during our Transfer Thursday Appointments.
WHAT: Transfer Thursday Appointments WHEN: March 24 & 31, 2016
WHERE: Lock Haven University Admissions Office
WHO: Michael Hall, (570) 484-2572, mhall@LHUP.edu
Appointments are available from 12 p.m.-7 p.m. to meet with our transfer coordinator. This is your chance to learn more about the transfer process. Request your appointment today and let us show you how easy it can be to transfer your credits and complete your degree at The Haven. Register at http://www.LHUP.edu/admissions/transfer/transfer_thursday.html.
*To receive a decision, you must supply transcripts from all post-secondary institutions that you have attended. Transcripts are only considered official if they arrive in a signed and sealed envelope from the college/university.For more information on Lock Haven University, visit www.LHUP.edu, email admissions@LHUP.edu, or call (570) 484.2011.