today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today … “When work is a pleasure, life is a joy. When work is a duty, life is a slavery.” – Maxim Gorky, from this International Business Times article.
- Heroin Task Force will meet in Columbia, too. | “The next Task Force community conversation will be held at 7 p.m. May 2 at the Grace United Methodist Church, 163 W. Frederick St., Millersville. Other conversations are planned for Ephrata and Columbia.” – Lancaster Online
- So, yesterday was May Day | A gray, dank day here with virtually no activity on the part of labor; in Seattle it was different. – CNN.com
- More jobs lost as “Sports Authority stores across the country will soon close for good. All 450 Sports Authority stores, including a location in Lancaster, will be liquidated and permanently shut their doors in the next few months.” – Pennlive
- “Us big girls gotta cover up.” Really, don’t schools have other things to do? – Pennlive
- Buy from someone you know | “3 charged in alleged phone scam robbery “ – The York Daily Record
NOTE: THE MEET THE COLUMBIA BOROUGH POLICE DEPARTMENT PROGRAM IS THURSDAY, MAY 19.
- Another “no choice” choice for Pennsylvanians courtesy of the “look alike” parties, paid by the uber-wealthy and corporations | “Pennsylvania battle to take place on the national stage.” – The Reading Eagle