Quote #1 of the day … “We’ve got a cultural decline. Let’s call it the way it is.” – Lancaster County district attorney in this Lancaster Online article.
Quote #2 of the day … “Sanctimonious and self-righteous fools like Craig Stedman like to blame others … “ – commenter to the above cited article.
Quote #3 of the day … “The abuse of opioids, including prescription painkillers and drugs like heroin, is something the United States has struggled with since before the 1900s. “ – commenter to the above cited article referring to this CNN report.
Quote #4 of the day … “No Mr Stedman, what you call ‘calling it the way it is’ is not the way it is, merely your narrow perception and opinion, based on your personal views, to which you are entitled, but cannot be referred to as facts.” – commenter to the above cited article.
- Columbia’s Ray Wallace is “above the fold – page one” in today’s LNP – Always Lancaster.
- No Wrightsville Memorial Day parade? – The York Daily Record
- Legal Notice about the “the Proposed Final Budget for the General fund of Columbia Borough School District” in today’s publication of general distribution. [“Newspaper of general circulation. A newspaper issued daily, or not less than once a week, intended for general distribution and circulation, and sold at fixed prices per copy per week, per month or per annum, to subscribers and readers without regard to business, trade, profession or class.”]
- So what is the job of the District Attorney? To pontificate? To fix blame on society? Nope, not on this list, which states “Generally, the duties of a district attorney are to manage the prosecutor’s office, investigate alleged crimes in cooperation with law enforcement, and file criminal charges or bringing evidence before the Grand Jury.”
- Here’s a line from a post from last year’s Memorial Day [accurate then and now]: “Veteran Jennie Haskamp’s article in The Washington Post is pointed and definitive. Veterans know that Memorial Day is a day that remembers those who died in the military service of the United States. It’s a slap in the face when empty politicos, who could have been warriors – but chose another path – pontificate with fake sincerity about the glory of war. They don’t know.”