Quote for today … “As terrible as Toomey is, I will not vote for you, Ms. McGinty. Guess I’ll leave that one blank.” – comment following this article at Pennlive.
Second quote for today … “It’s heartbreaking what opioids can do to really wonderful people who are caught up in something much larger than themselves.” – From this York Dispatch article about a former Wrightsville couple, now living in Lancaster County, who’ll be going to prison in a slide from opioid use to opioid theft.
Yet another quote for today … “This is a bad move but it gets Strickler closer to a paid position with CBSD. And that is always his ultimate goal!” – comment following this Columbia Spy article about resignations from the Columbia Borough School District board of directors.
- Bobblehead’s abound in Congress | The bobblehead is “a figurine with a disproportionately large head mounted on a spring so that it bobs up and down, often made as a caricature of a famous (or infamous) person.” So yesterday, one of Pennsylvania elected public servant and Senator, acted fully as a bobblehead. Why, well “Pennsylvania Sen. Pat Toomey stood firmly with the powerful National Rifle Association on the latest ill-fated attempts at gun control.” Despite his recent week’s quest for publicity as he “has crossed party lines before on high-profile gun-control legislation,” the guy is facing reelection. Can we be the only state in the nation with two lackluster aspirants for the Senate? Really – are these the best money can buy?
- This really is the “pot calling the kettle black” as “Millions of dollars are pouring into the contest, which could help determine control of the Senate in the November election.”
- In case you missed this Legal Notice second publication about a rooming house for homeless veterans in LNP -Always Lancaster today, you, of course, can always find it online at the Columbia Borough Website. What’s that you say: You couldn’t find it there. But at the Website this is posted: (Columbia Borough will continue to post all information on our website www.columbiapa.net and by email blast).
- Or this Legal Notice about “Sealed bids for Poplar Street CDBG Improvements?”
- In the name of religion – The York Dispatch
- Dental Centers are the answer; Columbia’s got one – Lancaster Online
Columbia’s showing up on other covers, too. This is the Sunday magazine, a part of the June 19 LNP – Always Lancaster.