You know them. Heck everyone’s talking about them. The ones who wreck the schools. The ones who bring trash into the community. The ones that take such a big chunk out out the government budgets.
Those people on WELFARE!
Let’s start first though with some of the real big time welfare abusers – the corporate welfare recipients.
John Oliver’s Last Week Tonight piece on sports stadium owners welfare takes the cake.
Watch John Oliver’s 19 minute revelation about the corporate welfare schemes that the owners of major league athletic teams have foisted onto government and citizens. Click on the image above to watch the Youtube video. Be advised that John Oliver’s content is graphic.
Lest you think Oliver’s sketch is a random one, here are more:
- Who’s Really To Blame For Sports Stadium Subsidies: Why blame team owners for seeking stadium subsidies instead of politicians for handing them out?
- How the NFL Fleeces Taxpayers – The Atlantic
- “Since 1997, NFL teams have constructed 20 new stadiums, receiving an average of $238 million per stadium in public funding and costing a total of $4.76 billion.” – Charles Koch Institute
- “No, we don’t spend $1 trillion on welfare each year” – The Washington Post
- “Definintion of Welfare – What is included or excluded?” – Federal Safety Net