Today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today … “This photo reminds me of the photo of the Vietnam War protester who stuck the daisy in the barrel of a gun. It’s art. She stood her ground against authority. She was arrested. She is not evil, not a criminal, not a hater, not any of those horrible things you all are loading on her. Jeez.” – one of over 290 comments following this Pennlive article comparing public policy protesters.
- Bloods & Crips in E-town? – Lancaster Online
- Are they here, too? How would we know? – New Jersey Department of Education
- So, let’s see … we have a budget but we don’t know where the money’s coming from to pay for it. Or we’re going to Walmart with a buck eighty five to our name, but we’re shopping with our kids’ credit card, so it’s OK?
Maryland had this on its money making scheme last year, too. Everytime you download an app, a tune or anything digital, you’ll incur tax.
- Better read up on digital taxation: Identification & Taxability of Digital Products
- “Board Games” – LNP – Always Lancaster‘s editorial in today’s issue condemns the illicit actions that the Manheim Township School District practices. Gee, think other school boards near and dear to Columbia play “Board Games?”
- What the heck? Found MUNICIPAL BRIEFS AND SCHOOL BRIEFS for lots of communities and districts in today’s LNP – Always Lancaster – just nothing for Columbia?
THIS IS JUST NUTZ!
- Police K-9 dies after being left in hot car following training exercise
- Police officers pick up bill for diners who didn’t want to sit near them
- Man fires 17 shots into Indianapolis officer’s patrol car and home, screams he hates police
THIS IS EVEN MORE NUTZ!
One of several photos of vandalism at Gladfelter Field – from the CBAA (Columbia Boys Athletic Association) facebook page
Across the River! – Read the small print: The Southern Mules will be there; Lynyrd Skynyrd and the others won’t.