Today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today … “France has been struck on the day of her national holiday … the symbol of liberty. I have decided that the state of emergency which was supposed to end on July 26 will be extended by three months. Nothing will lead us to give in to our will to fight against terrorism. We are going to strengthen our efforts in Syria and Iraq against those who are attacking us on our very soil.” – President Francois Hollande in this article from The Connexion.
- Terrorism attack kills scores… again. – The Local, France
Second quote for today … ““Tonight was pretty open. It didn’t seem rehearsed.” – Manheim Township resident who attended last night’s school district meeting that included the introduction of two new board directors replacing two who resigned, from an article in today’s LNP – Always Lancaster. Does this school board’s actions have all the appearances of another one closer to home? Except actions at the one closer to home still “seem rehearsed.”
- Lancaster Co. overdose rate climbed faster than state norm, DEA says – Channel 21 News
- Astounding that President Abraham Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address contained 272 words, yet lots of letters-to-the-editor in some newspapers contain more … and contain only political or religious diatribe.
- As a trustee employee, you steal from your Community Center – and you get probation? – Channel 21 News
- Expecting to see the route and times schedule at Ride the Trolley, Experience Columbia PA? It’s not there.