Today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today … “Please tell me this article is a joke. My worst nightmare come true–‘unidentifiable parts’ at a Chinese restaurant!!” – One of the comments following the Pennlive article (“Deer brains, heads, parts confiscated from Chinese restaurant: Ag department inspection”). And we were unable to find any listing for the New China House in Lititz at the Pennsylvania Department of Ariculture by that name. Did find, though, this at the same address: ASIAN GARDEN 721 South Broad ST Lititz, PA 17543 717-627-3627.
Another quote for today … “Domestic terror groups pose a greater threat to America than ISIS or al Qaeda, a Justice Department official.” – October 2015 CNN Report.
Third and final quote for today … “He is a lawyer and a politician – run the other way, do not trust him. Plus he is on the ticket with HRC – do not trust them.” – Commenter following this Pennlive article on the Democratic selection for vice-president. [Yep, this is an election to forget … or remember. ]
super hot today – National Weather Service
- Fess up, Lancaster General – LNP – Always Lancaster editorial
- Good decision, Philadelphia Police Department: “The city has also decided not to dress its officers in riot gear during the DNC, choosing normal patrol uniforms instead, and has declined to purchase an armored vehicle for convention week in a show of good-faith.” – Pennlive
- Elon Musk’s cousins’ business opening in Lancaster – Lancaster Online
- Lying? No, memory lapses. Cut us a break!!! Those freaking elected public servants.– WITF
- Why do we think John Oliver, Jonathan Noah and Samantha Bee tell the truth? Because they break through and tell the truth – unlike the remaining lot remaining in traditional media do. “John Oliver’s segment on net neutrality (‘Cable companies are trying to create an unequal playing field for internet speeds, but they’re doing it so boringly that most news outlets aren’t covering it.’) this past June perfectly summed up what his HBO show Last Week Tonight is so good at: transcending apathy.” [NOTE: You may want to read this article at The Atlantic to learn more about John Oliver.
- Kind of a thinking citizen’s version of Rush and Glenn.
- Who knows, it could turn into a Music Man thing? The Republican candidate is attracting others – The Washington Post