Today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today … “I like how trump claimed he’s made sacrifices, and then couldn’t name any of them. I still cannot believe the GOP wants this bozo to lead the country. If I didn’t know any better I’d say the republicans were actually trying to destroy the country.” – Comment following this Pennlive artticle about Trump’s “sacrifices.”
- “Columbia Borough not cowed by lawyers” – Letter to the editor in today’s LNP – Always Lancaster
- Think it’s coming? Maybe! | “School district merger study in the works” – The Morning Call
- ” …school districts survive even when they have few students. In an era of budget cutbacks, these districts are prime targets for consolidation.” – Governing.com
See Millersville University’s M-uth Theatre‘s production about the tragedy of suicide “Between 2B and the end zone.” today. “Suicide is preventable and with a better understanding of the act we can do a better job of preventing it.” It’s playing at the Ware Center today at 3:00 pm. All performances are American Sign Language (ASL) interpreted. It’s FREE to attend.
- “M-Uth Theater was a life-changing event for these participants” – Lancaster Online
- Return of the Fisher Cat: Sighted in Lehigh County – The Morning Call
- Or the right? “A rather concerning trend has been creeping into the United States judicial system. Politicizing justice.” – Republican National Lawyers Association
- “Lessons in transparency learned from Manheim Township school board” – LNP – Always Lancaster editorial
- Walkability: “Drivers and bicyclists alike have a responsibility to share the road.” – Lancaster Online column
- “Yield to pedestrians – it is the law and the right thing to do” – Columbia news, views & reviews
- Be wary of posts at facebook and other “social media” | Win a RV for sharing a Facebook post? It’s a scam – Thatsnonsense.com
- Lancaster County inspections includes a restaurant’s opening inspection and the “Person-in-charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this noncompliant inspection.” Really, Chives Grill, what’s gonna’ happen when it’s for real. – Lancaster Online
- York County inspections – The York Daily Record
- Video: Restaurant Inspections
- Click here to go to the state’s Website of inspections … and the listing of the violations at each location. The statewide directory lists inspections for all municipalities in York County and Lancaster County.… except those in Columbia – Columbia persists in having its own inspection system with its own forms and inspection items – rather than the one used statewide.