Quote for today … “Let us hope, rather, that by the best cultivation of the physical world, beneath and around us, and the intellectual and moral worlds within us, we shall secure an individual, social, and political prosperity and happiness, whose course shall be onward and upward, and which, while the earth endures, shall not pass away.” – Abraham Lincoln, before he was President of the United States, 1859.
- University of Chicago’s “welcome letter to students” encourages open discourse | important lesson for Columbia’s School Board of Directors and other elected public servants – NPR
- Misinformation on social media | A post at a local facebook page claims: “ i know that Mount Bethel Cemetery gets not one cent from Government …” That’s not entirely true; Columbia Borough’s 2016 budget included a contribution of $2,000 in the Community Investment line item
New Columbia Health Care facility – from the Family First facebook page
Click here to go to the state’s Website of inspections … and the listing of the violations at each location. The statewide directory lists inspections for all municipalities in York County and Lancaster County.… except those in Columbia – Columbia persists in having its own inspection system with its own forms and inspection items – rather than the one used statewide.
- In Lancaster County inspections this week | Gotta wonder why a food serving operation cannot pass a follow-up inspection when it knows what’s going to be inspected. – Lancaster Online
- York County restaurant inspections. and the Red Lobster has been OKed to reopen – The York Daily Record
- Video: Restaurant Inspections