Today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Today’s Quote … “I honestly think that (countywide school districts in Pennsylvania) would be a way to start digging at this.” – Tiffany Wright, an associate professor, comment in a page one LNP – Always Lancaster article today about a local person’s thesis premise that student achievement gaps have to be addressed and that districts as Lancaster’s and Columbia’s highest poverty rate schools “can’t solve poverty’s effects on their own.
- “The Good News About Educational Inequality” – The New York Times
- “Up to one in five kids living in the U.S. shows signs or symptoms of a mental health disorder in a given year. And yet most children — nearly 80 percent — who need mental health services won’t get them.” – NPR
- Anonymous | “Everyone seems to hate online reader comments. Here’s why I treasure them.” – Column, The Washington Post
- Independent contractors | “A new era of labor scarcity?” – The Washington Post
- Who knew, Centerville’s the new art stop? | Painting with a Twist – Meet the owners. – Central Penn Business Journal
- An FYI | ” … synthetic motor oils typically perform better than conventional motor oils in providing protection for your vehicle.” – howstuffworks.com
Apparently, there is as an overwhelming number of letters-to-the-editor in today’s LNP – Always Lancaster are from people thanking others for buying their lunches.
- “Family First Health nets $500,000 ‘excellence’ grant” – Central Penn Business Journal