ON SEPTEMBER 8, 2016, AT APPROS. (sic)1305 HRS., A PHYSICAL FIGHT BEGAN BETWEEN TWO HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS WITHIN A CLASSROOM. A MEMBER OF THE FACULITY (sic) QUICKLY RESPONDED AND ATTEMPTED TO SEPARATE THE TWO STUDENTS. PRIOR TO 1306 HRS., ADDITIONAL FACULITY (sic) MEMBERS AND THE SRO ARRIVED AT THE CLASSROOM AND WERE ABLE TO ESCORT THE STUDEWNTS (sic) AWAY FROM THE INCIDENT. A VIDEO OF THE FIGHT LATER SURFACED ON SOCIAL MEDIA. AS A RESULT OF THE VIDEO, THE LANCASTER COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY’S OFFICE APPROVED THE CHARGES OF SIMPLE ASSAULT, (M-2) AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT (S) AGAINST MYKEALA RIVERA, 18 YEAR OLD FEMALE, FROM COLUMBIA. – Columbia Police Department Crime Watch
Today’s news and information gleanings from here and there!
Quote for today … “Many have watched the video of my daughter being assaulted at Columbia High School and many have talked about it a lot. I’m writing this post to ask you all to put this talk into action. The School Board meeting is this week, Thursday at 7pm in the District Administration Center, located at 200 North Fifth Street Columbia, PA 17512. Please come out, not only to support justice for my daughter but to call for a change in this district. It is way past time this school district began to take action against this ‘bully culture’ that infects our classrooms, and recognize it for what it is. I am not the least bit interested in blaming anyone, or calling for their removal.” – Ernest Wiker’s facebook page
“The Teen Junction event was just blessed by the powers that be. Special thanks to Jeff, The Chief and Daryll for making this meeting happen. S/O to George Mercado and Karielis Colo’n for sharing this moment of history with me. We are putting in so much work to do something epic for the community and we hope that we do right by everyone with this event Sept 16, see you all there @ #Venues”!!!! — with George Mercado, Jeff, Daryll and The Chief._” – Dante Lebron’s facebook page
- Semi-transparent | Noticed that neither of the Columbia entities (Columbia Borough council nor the Columbia Borough School Directors’ meetings) were listed in today’s LNP – Always Lancaster‘s Government Calendar, though many other mucicipalities’ and school districts’ were.
- “The America Divided Premier will be shown at Venues @ 237 Locust Street, Columbia, PA Sept 30, 2016. This Epix premier is going to speak on some of the topics that we as minorities face everyday. We will be showing the premier for Free that’s right for free. We will be providing refreshments for the event so please anyone and everyone is welcome. The website is www.americadividedseries.com, God Bless”!!! – Dante Lebron’s facebook page
- Borough Council meeting this evening | 7:00 pm at the Borough Hall – preliminary – borough-council-meeting-agenda-9-12-16
- School Board of Directors’ meeting Thursday, September 15 | 7:00 pm at the District Office, 200 N. Fifth Street, Columbia, PA – That agenda is not yet posted; it should be posted three days before the meeting.
- An agenda item on the Council DRAFT agenda: “Consider approval of a proposal received from Rebecca Denlinger, Rising Tide Collaborative, LLC, regarding Community and Economic Development Professional Services to be provided on behalf of Columbia Borough.”
- According to its Website, “Rising Tide Collaborative, LLC is a consulting firm focused on improving the community and economic condition of the people and places we serve.”
Rising Tide Collaborative, LLC. principal, Rebecca Secrist Denlinger was recognized by Central Penn Business Journal in its 2014 Women of Influence selections.
- Three sides of truth | It’s all about how it’s said.
- Pennlive says this: “Two people were injured after a shooting near a nightclub in Lancaster County early Sunday. Columbia Borough Police Department Detective Matt Leddy said officers were called to the 200 block of Locust Street in Columbia for a report of shots fired around 3:03 a.m.”
- LNP – Always Lancaster and Lancaster Online say this: “Police from multiple jurisdictions were called to the Venues night club at 237 Locust St. … ”
- FOX43-TV says this: “It happened just after 3 a.m. along the 200 block of Locust Street. According to police reports, a large fight broke out involving patrons of the Venues nightclub.”
- WGAL-TV8 says this: “Emergency dispatchers say that officers were called to the 200 block of Locust Street in Columbia, Lancaster County around 3 a.m. Sunday for reports of shots fired.”
- Columbia Borough’s Police Department’s facebook and CrimeWatch pages communication with the community it serves – nothing, nada, zilch, zip, zero.
Makle Park parking – just park where ever! – What’s Happening in Columbia,Pa. and Area facebook page